S.Benedit by Soreyda Benedit-Begley

I have so much I would like to share, so many things happening, almost all at once. I'll try to update my blog often, to make it like my virtual journal. Thanks for visiting:-)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010


In this photo with my friend Virginia from Ecuador at the Lexington Latin Festival Parade. I'm wearing a traditional costume, is a combination of the Spanish style full skirts and the flirty Caribbean style top.

For my Spring-Summer 2012 Collection I want to honor my ancestors. My mother was Mayan-Spanish decedent now called Ladinos and my father belongs to a African group establish in the coast of Honduras for over 200 years called the Garifunas. Bout cultures are very strong and have a very unique fashion style, the wardrobe for special ceremonies is quite impressive. I want to create a collection that represents this cultures in a modern but yet timeless way.
I'm very proud of my heritage and I want to show that on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment